Welcome to The Stacks!
The Stacks is the subject repository for American studies, Anglophone literatures & cultures, Australian & New Zealand studies, British & Irish studies, Canadian studies and English, including all sub-fields.
By publishing in The Stacks, your research will be more visible. All uploaded material is made available in Open Access, either immediately or after the time span you choose. Read more on how to publish in The Stacks!
- If a search item has more than one accepted spelling, all accepted spellings yield search results. Capitalization is not considered, e.g. the search query “theorize” or “Theorize” also yields results for “theorization,” “theorise,” and “theorisation,” etc.
- By default, a list of search items is linked by “and”, e.g. the query “sea changes” lists results for “sea” as well as “changes.” However, both words do not occur necessarily side by side. If both words are for example connected by a hyphen, i.e. “sea-changes,” we advise, wherever possible, to include the hyphen in your search query. Otherwise, the specific title you have in mind might be listed further down in your results than you would expect.
- To start a search query for a specific word order, put your search items in double quotation marks, e.g. “"constant sea-changes".”
- To start an “or” search query, separate the search items with “OR,” e.g. “sea OR changes.”
- If you are looking for a specific date follow this format “yyyy-mm-dd.”
Browse through The Stacks:
(2013):"Premises and Promises of Cultural Narratology." New Approaches to Narrative: Cognition - Culture - History. Ed. Vera Nünning. Trier: WVT, 8994.Article in Anthology
(2013):"Narrativist Approaches in Historiography and the Application of Narratological Concepts to Historical Narratives." New Approaches to Narrative: Cognition - Culture - History. Ed. Vera Nünning. Trier: WVT, 181186.Article in Anthology
(2011):"Sentimental Comedy: Richard Steele’s The Conscious Lovers." A History of British Drama: Genres - Developments - Model Interpretations. Ed. Sibylle Baumbach. Trier: WVT, 143158. WVT-Handbücher zum literaturwissenschaftlichen Studium 15.Article in Anthology
(2010):"Ways of Worldmaking in Literature and Other Media: Theoretical Reconceptualizations and Constructivist Criticism." The Aesthetics and Politics of Cultural Worldmaking. Eds. Ansgar Nünning, Vera Nünning and Birgit Neumann. Trier: WVT, 118. Giessen contributions to the study of culture 3.Article in Anthology
(2009):"Formulae for Imperial Story Telling: The Formation and Dissemination of Imperial Values in Victorian Narratives." Stories of Empire: Narrative Strategies for the Legitimation of an Imperial World Order. Ed. Christa Knellwolf King. Trier: WVT, 1337. ELCH - Studies in English Literary and Cultural History 33.Article in Anthology