Welcome to The Stacks!
The Stacks is the subject repository for American studies, Anglophone literatures & cultures, Australian & New Zealand studies, British & Irish studies, Canadian studies and English, including all sub-fields.
By publishing in The Stacks, your research will be more visible. All uploaded material is made available in Open Access, either immediately or after the time span you choose. Read more on how to publish in The Stacks!
- If a search item has more than one accepted spelling, all accepted spellings yield search results. Capitalization is not considered, e.g. the search query “theorize” or “Theorize” also yields results for “theorization,” “theorise,” and “theorisation,” etc.
- By default, a list of search items is linked by “and”, e.g. the query “sea changes” lists results for “sea” as well as “changes.” However, both words do not occur necessarily side by side. If both words are for example connected by a hyphen, i.e. “sea-changes,” we advise, wherever possible, to include the hyphen in your search query. Otherwise, the specific title you have in mind might be listed further down in your results than you would expect.
- To start a search query for a specific word order, put your search items in double quotation marks, e.g. “"constant sea-changes".”
- To start an “or” search query, separate the search items with “OR,” e.g. “sea OR changes.”
- If you are looking for a specific date follow this format “yyyy-mm-dd.”
Browse through The Stacks:
(2005):"On the Rhetoric and Ethics of Andersen’s Fairy tales." When We Get to the End: Towards a Narratology of the Fairy Tales of Hans Christian Andersen. Eds. Per Krogh Hansen and Marianne Wilff Lundholt. Odense: UP Southern Denmark, 283303.Article in Anthology
(2009):"Der zeitgenössische britische Roman im fremdsprachlichen Unterricht." Handbuch Romandidaktik: Theoretische Grundlagen – Methoden – Lektüreanregungen. Eds. Wolfgang Hallet and Ansgar Nünning. Trier: WvT, 275294.Article in Anthology
(2015):"Narrative Fiction and Cognition: Why We Should Read Fiction." Forum for World Literature Studies 7.1: 4161.Journal Article
(2015):"Fictions of Empire and the (Un-)Making of Imperialist Mentalities: Colonial Discourse and Post-Colonial Criticism Revisited." Forum for World Literature Studies 7.2: 171198.Journal Article
(1996):",Daß Jeder seine Pflicht thue’: Die Bedeutung der Indian Mutiny für das nationale britische Selbstverständnis." Archiv für Kulturgeschichte 78.2: 363392.Journal Article